Organised By SAARTH PRATHISTAN
It is with great pleasure that we announce and invite you all to participate in the CANTHON, a cancer awareness run, which will be held on March 5, 2023, starting at Shivaji Park in Dadar.
CANTHON a cancer awareness run is being organised by Saarth Prathistan in support of Tata Memorial Hospital cancer patients powered by Fitizen, and to create awareness for health, cancer awareness and prevention in particular. The first Canthon was held in Mumbai in 2019 with more than 3,000 runners. The Canthon has now become an annual event with increased number of runners, wherein we are expecting 7,000+ runners.
Join CANATHON 2023 - Join other 7,000 health enthusiasts
Event date: 5TH MARCH 2023
BIB EXPO PLACE: Decathlon Sports Kurla
BIB EXPO dates: 25TH AND 26TH February 2023 (Saturday & Sunday)
BIB EXPO Timings: 12 pm -7 pm
Why Canthon Run?
A significant section of the Indian population appears to be ignorant of health issues, including cancer and its causes. It is our social duty to raise awareness of the issue. Canthon team so strives to inspire and promote public participation for Health, namely cancer awareness and prevention. The goal is to solely raise awareness and prevent cancer in the next 10 years, cutting the number of cases in half. The time has arrived for us to unite in the fight against cancer.
The running community has a social responsibility to make sure that more people join us in enhancing the health of the country, and only the running community is capable of doing this. Come, let's work together to educate society about various health issues, particularly cancer, and to raise awareness for a healthy lifestyle, fitness, and the importance of nutrition in one's life, as well as to contribute to the development of a strong nation.
· Family 5 KM run: This is a terrific and enjoyable opportunity for parents to run with their children. An individual runner can take part in this competition. The option to use a timing chip for the 5 km run must be made at the time of registration.
· Timed 5 KM run: electronic chip will be provided
· 10 KM & Half Marathon: – These are timed runs and the electronic timing chip will be provided
|RACE CATEGORIES||TICKET COST (INR)|
|5 KM NON TIMED||699|
|5 KM TIMED||799|
*Note: 18% GST applicable
Age categories & Cash Prizes upto 3.5 Lacs
· 5 km run categories:
o Girls & Boys, Women & Men 8 years and above.
o Top 3 runners (only runners who opt for timing chip) in different age categories win cash prizes.
o Parents must register along with their wards if their wards are below 8 years
· 10 km run category:
o Women & Men 14 years and above.
o Top 3 runners in different age categories win cash prizes.
· Half Marathon category:
o Women & Men 18 years and above
o Top 3 runners in different age categories win cash prizes.
WIN CASH PRIZES WORTH INR 3.5LAKHS
For 5km, 10km and Half marathon the age categories are as follows
Cash Prize for HALF MARATHON
|Gender||Age Group||Winner||1st RUNNER UP||2nd RUNNER UP|
Cash Prize for 10 KM
|GENDER||AGE GROUP||WINNER||1st RUNNER UP||2nd RUNNER UP|
Cash Prize for 5 KM TIMED RUN
|GENDER||AGE GROUP||WINNER||1st RUNNER UP||2ND RUNNER UP|
Race support and nutrition:
- All runners will have breakfast following the run, and there will be plenty of water and nutrition stations along the venue and race route. Please keep your BIB as proof of running participation.
- Time limits for the 5 km, 10 km, and half-marathon distances are 60 minutes, 100 minutes, and 200 minutes, respectively. After this cutoff time, all support stations, volunteers, and timing mats will be removed.
- Race affiliation and timing eligibility for other marathons
• The event is organized under the aegis of Mumbai Suburban District Athletics Association.
• Electronic timing chip will be given to all participants in 5 KM (participants opting for timed run), 10 KM and HALF MARATHON distance categories.
By submitting the form, I hereby declare that I am physically fit to participate in this event and have attained all necessary physical examination by a registered medical practitioner. I acknowledge that participating in this event may carry some risk to my health. I release the organizers from any liability or any loss or injury which I may suffer while participating in the race. I have read and understood all the “RULES & REGULATIONS” and all the information provided by me in the registration form is correct. Further, I grant full permission to the organizer and all associated organizations to use all event material including photographs and videotape for publicity and advertising purposes without any compensation. I give Organizer the right to send me any communication (event, promotion, partners, etc.) via email, SMS, Phone call, Social media & any other channel.
Rules and Regulations
1. 5km distance category is allowed for participants of 8 years and above (Born on or before 4TH March 2015).
2. 10km distance category is open for participants over 14 years and above (born or before 4TH March 2009).
3. HALFMARATHON distance category is allowed for participants of 18 years and above (born on or before 4TH March 2005).
4. Race timing will be recorded on Mat-to- Mat basis i.e. your timing starts/stops when you cross start/finish line.
5. Registrations will close on 2OTH February 2023 at 11:59 PM or when the maximum limit of Running Places are filled in, whichever is earlier.
6. Participants must upload/submit copy of his ID proof for age verification.
7. The BIB allotted to the participant is non-transferable and request for cancellation and thereby, refund will not be entertained.
8. No bib distribution on race day.
9. Snacks and refreshments will be served to all participants after the race. It is compulsory to show BIB for collecting snacks
10. Finishers Medal will be given to each participant in all distance categories after finishing the race. It is compulsory to show BIB for collecting the finisher Medal.
11. E-certificates can be downloaded by the participant as soon as they are available on the website post the event.The event organizer reserves the right to modify the Date, Venue, Distance, Race start time and any other changes related to this event at any given point of time.
Standard Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS) for CANTHON2023
▪ Participants are requested to eat a healthy meal not consume alcohol the previous night to avoid dehydration.
▪ You (“The participant”) understand that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by Organizer in which the participant may engage.
▪ The participant confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
▪ The participants’ participation is voluntary, and the participant shall under no circumstance hold organizers responsible for any injury, accidents, illness and damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service.
▪ The conduct and behavior of the participant should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other participant members, Organizer staff, service providers etc.; in which case, we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the participant.
▪ If for any reason the participant wishes to abruptly end the run before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be able to provide any return support or any refund, and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the participant.
▪ The participant is responsible to follow the instructions of the organizer and the participant must bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
▪ Cuts, bruises, and minor injuries are normal for an outdoor activity. First aid kit is provided, and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. Organizers take all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required for the activity.
▪ During the event the organizer’s decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
▪ Organizers hold the rights to change the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. Organizers will not be liable for any costs such as travel, or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
▪ It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Organizers do not hold any responsibility for the outcome of any undisclosed medical condition during the trip.
▪ Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
▪ Organizers are not responsible for any unforeseen damage brought to participant's personal belongings or personal vehicle during the trip.
▪ There is no parking available near by the holding area. Parking done by the participants will be at their own risk.
▪ If participants are found violating the rules, Organizers reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided.
▪ E-certificates will be given to all participants who successfully complete the course within the cut-off timings.
▪ Medal will be given to all participants who complete the course.
▪ For security reasons, participants are requested to come without any baggage. It is strongly recommended that you do not leave valuables like mobile phone, camera, jewelry, watch, electronic gadgets, etc. in the bag stored.
▪ Organizers, however, are not responsible for any loss of baggage and/or its belongings.
▪ Participants found to have interchanged their timing BIB tag with another individual, will be disqualified from the event and shall not be allowed to apply or participate in the subsequent edition of the event.
▪ Please note if you don’t wear your timing BIB tag as instructed, you won’t be able to get an official finish time, medal, and e-certificate.
▪ Every participant is required to always wear their BIB (on chest) during the race.