Organised By NthAdventure
NthAdventure Presents: NAMMA ADVENTURE RACE 2021 (24 Hous Race)
Supported by: Adventure Racing World Series (arworldseries)
Time & Location
- 10 Dec, 12:00 pm – 12 Dec, 4:00 pm
- Karnad, Karnad, Mulki, Karnataka 574154, India
About the Event:
ABOUT NAMMA ADVENTURE RACE 2021
Adventure Racing is a multi-sport concept of combining the following sport disciplines: mountain biking, running/trekking, kayaking, and navigation. Beginners, advanced athletes, and the elite racers out there are all welcome! We’re super excited to host Namma Adventure Race the #1 of 3 races as part of the prestigious Adventure Racing World Series – Asia Series in Namma Karnataka. This race is a LIMITED ENTRY event, with only 20 SLOTS available. HURRY!
What is Adventure Racing: https://youtu.be/wnkHvAxeV4c
By now we all really understand that adventure racers like to explore Mother Nature by going to places where others haven’t been before, to feel tough by taking on endurance distances either by MTB, on foot, or on a kayak … and to take on the world by facing the hard and sometimes unforgiving elements of the weather, whether it’s a scorching hot day, rain coming down hard or a gusty wind that’s testing their guts and spirit for this sport we all love so much. And to top it all off, the navigation part of it just put adventure racers in another league. Excited to join us?
Make this time as a family & friends’ weekend out of it and bring all of them to stay over and to cheer your team. One can reach us to inquire and book for your friends & family separately. And note these spots fill out fast so be quick.
We are looking forward to welcoming everyone to this amazing community of adventure racing.
ARWS ASIA - INDIA CALENDER
- Namma Adventure Race – 10, 11 & 12 December 2021
- NthAdventure 120KM Challenge – March 2022
- India Regional Championship – September 2022
ARWS ASIA SERIES LOG
- Premier Mixed teams of 4 is the only category to be eligible to win a free entry to the Indian Regional Championship 2022
- Premier Mixed teams of 4 will be eligible to gain entry to ARWS ASIA Championship in 2022.
- All three events count towards the log.
- The winning team of mixed four at each of the first two events will receive free entry for the India Regional Championship 2022 in India.
- Teams may substitute members with a team roster containing a maximum of 7 team members for the year.
- The log will be updated after each event, see points allocated on LINK.
- All 3 above-mentioned events will count towards a team’s ARWS ASIA Regional rankings.
- India Regional Championship 2022 is a championship event for India and the points earned at this event will be multiplied by 2
RACE CONCEPT, TEAM FORMAT, RACE DISTANCE, AND RACE DISCIPLINES
Adventure Race Concept
- Adventure racing is a multi-discipline endurance sport where competitors compete in teams, navigating from control point to control point in several disciplines.
- Disciplines include mountain biking, trekking, kayaking, and orienteering.
- Teams are expected to navigate using a map and landmarks.
- Teams must be able to operate in harsh remote environments in all weather conditions.
- Teams travel throughout the night. They can decide if, when, and where to rest or eat.
- The first team to complete the whole course, with all the control points visited will be declared the winner.
- Teams are required to complete the entire distance together (always within hearing and visual distance of each other), helping and assisting each other.
- Teamwork and team dynamics are essential. A detailed understanding of your teammates and of your own capabilities is essential and key in the race.
- Teams of 4 members only
- Teams can consist of members of any combination: All MEN and/or All WOMEN
- The official category is a 4-member team with at least one female who will qualify for India & Asia Ranking.
- The race will cover approximately 120 km’s
- Top teams are expected to finish the course in 12 to 14 hours with the last team in before 24 hours
- All teams should be able to finish the race before 10:00 am on Sunday morning 12th December 2021
- The route scouted so far comprises 70-90 km’s of mountain biking, 20-30 km’s of trail running / hiking, and 5 - 15 km’s of kayaking (final distances will be confirmed closer to the race date)
- Mountain biking – Teams should be prepared for a range of riding including single track, steep hills, gravel roads, mud roads, and hike a bike section
- Trail Running / hiking – This Will involve traveling by foot through rugged terrain
- Kayaking – Kayaking will be on a backwater. Kayaks, paddles, and safety jackets will be provided by race organizers, athletes are welcome to bring their own paddles, PFDs. These kayaks are very stable and suitable for novices (No outside kayaks will be allowed)
- Orienteering – Orienteering is an extremely important part of the race. The course is not marked, and teams are required to navigate using a map and compass.
AWARDS & PRIZES
- The winning team of Namma Adventure Race wins a FREE entry into the India Regional Championship 2022 (IRC)
- All finishers to receive a Namma Adventure Race medal/trophy
- Sponsors products (TBC)
- The Winner of India Regional Championship 2022 (IRC) gains FREE ENTRY to Asia Regional Championships in 2022 to be held in Malaysia**
- Early Bird (From 4th October to 5th November 2021) – Rs. 29,999/- (Per Team – Team of Four Members)
- Entry Fee (From 6th to 15th November 2021) – Rs. 35999/- (Per Team – Team of Four Members)
- Book your slot now pay later (Non-refundable) – Rs. 10000/- (Make complete payment before 4th November 2021)
Entry Fee Includes:
- A full-service 24-Hour Adventure Race which forms part of Adventure Racing World Series - Asia Regional
- Transportation from HQ to Accommodation and Back
- AC Accommodation for 4 People for 2 nights (10th & 11th Saturday)
- Team Logistics Support
- Transition Bags (Returnable 2 Bags per Team)
- Medical backup and Safety Instructors
- Sit on top Kayaks, Paddles, and Lifejacket
- Kayaking orientation on 10th December
- Race Garment
- Race Maps
- Race Vest BIB
- Cycling BIB
- Opening Ceremony Dinner
- Closing Ceremony Lunch
- Event Ranking
- INDIA & ARWS ASIA Ranking
- Amplified adventures
Cancellations & Refunds:
- No refunds once the event entry fee has been paid
- Member substitutions are allowed until 30th, November 2021 with the organizers’ consent only. No additional charges.
- In case of cancellation, there will not be any refunds however, transfers of entry fees to any future event up to November 2022
- Should the race be moved due to COVID lockdown rules, all entries will be moved to the next date chosen for this specific race (No refunds at any point)
- No cancellation, however, teams can sell their entry to another team. The transaction happens between the teams and to be notified to organizers.
RACE LOCATION, ACCOMMODATION, DATES & TIMES
Dates & Times:
- 10 December 2021, Friday - Registration & Opening Ceremony (Reporting at 12:30 PM)
- 11 December 2021, Saturday - Race Flag Off
- 12 December 2021, Sunday - Closing Ceremony (2 PM Onwards followed by lunch)
- The Race HQ: Mulki, Mangalore, KA, India
- Registration, Race Start and Finish: Mulki, Mangalore, KA, India
- Accommodation: 3KM From HQ - AC room accommodation for 2 Nights included in the entry fee
- Nearest Town: Mulki
- Nearest Super Market: 3 Km
- Nearest City: Mangalore – 30 Km
- Nearest Railway station: Mulki Railway Station 7 Km or Mangalore Central 31 Km
- Nearest Airport: Mangalore International Airport – 31 Km
- Nearest Beach: Hejamady Beach – 4 Km
- Maps supplied will be topographical and google maps
- Maps may be given out as the course progresses
- It is recommended that teams bring large zip-loc bags (A4 Size) to waterproof maps
- If the map is lost or damaged, it will NOT be replaced by the organizers
- Stationery materials for preparing routes on the map are needed: different colored pens, cello tape, scissors, etc.
- Teams will use a map to locate checkpoints in an order to complete the route
- Bring your own compass
FIND A TEAM
Find a Team: If you want to join an existing team, create a new team, or are looking for members to fill up your team, contact us at ajitaATnthadventureDOTcom and we will list your contact details below.
Point Structure, Event Rules & Regulations visit the website
More details will be shared with registered teams only.
Any questions or information or Additional bookings for supporters for stay kindly book directly with us at exploreATnthadventureDOTcom / Subject: SupportTeam
Looking forward to AMPLIFYING ADVENTURE
Kayak Boy, Kilpady, India