The Outplay Sports Foundation is making a sincere effort to combine sports and nature tourism through the sport of running and to promote nature conservation and create a movement of public awareness through it. The first edition of the Pargad Heritage Run (half marathon) is based on the slogan "#NatureFirst". We know that nature comes first and we want to convey the same message through this initiative. “
Deforestation is one of the main reasons why so many environmental issues are taking a serious turn. The Outplay Sports Foundation has always strived to balance mental and physical health with the conservation of rainforests and their flora and fauna and its importance to the masses, and this is our goal.
Given the scope of this work, it is inevitable to increase public participation. With this in mind, we have decided to launch the "Pargad Heritage Run" initiative. The race will be organized with a detailed consideration of environmental, economic and social issues, and all participating members will be honored with saplings who have shown willingness and commitment to participate in this nature conservation project.
The "Pargad Heritage Run" program seeks to educate the people on the following issues under the "Guardians of Nature" campaign.
- Natural conservation.
- Tree planting.
- Water conservation.
- Waste recycling.
- Natural energy efficiency.
During the program, experts / speakers working in each of the above categories present the seriousness of these issues to the people and suggest solutions. We are confident that we will achieve this goal through the participation of the government and the people.
Group Gram Panchayat Mirvel, Fort Pargad, Namkhol and Fort Pargad Jankalyan Sanstha will jointly organize and guide expert and experienced Altitude Quest Adventure LLP in this field. We look forward to receiving non-commercial sponsorship, positive feedback and contributions from your organization / department. Please provide your valuable support for the "Pargad Heritage Run" program.
"Pargad Heritage Run"
Location: Pargad fort
Accommodation: Pargad fort (temporary tent) *
The competition categories will be as follows:
- Joy of Jungle (5 km run)
- Jungle Dream Run (10 km run)
- Jungle Half Marathon (21 km run)
The race will end with a spectacular view of Fort Pargad and Tilari Dam through the forest.
Date: - 29th Jan 2022 ......Program
Time: 1600 hrs .................Arrival of competitors
Time: 1700 hrs .................Brief information of the program
Time: 1800 hrs .................Cultural programs
Time: 1900 hrs .................Guardians Of Nature
Time: 2000 hrs .................Nature Conservation Discussion Session
Time: 2100 hrs ...................Dinner
Date: - 30th Jan 2022 .......Program
Time : 0500 hrs .................Breakfast
Time : 0530 hrs .................Opening Ceremony
Time : 0600 hrs .................The start of the competition
Time : 0900 hrs .................Prize giving ceremony
Time : 1000 hrs ..................Guidance from dignitaries
Time : 1100 hrs ...................Tree plantation & Announcement of the end of the competition
Further precautions are taken to avoid any natural harm in the competition.
- The road connecting the two villages is involved for the race. It ensures that there is no harm to nature.
- Biodegradable marking tape is used.
- Recycled paper is used.
- Water Conservation - Water for runners is used for drinking only in limited quantities.
- Committed to completely plastic-free races.
- Local trade options are used.
- Energy Efficiency - Vehicles will be used most efficiently.
- Ambulances and doctors will be present at the competition venue.
- Race marshals monitor the checkpoints set during full competitions.
- First aid kits as well as drinking water and bananas will be available at each road check post.
- All participants agree to the program's risk and compensation agreement, which includes a disclaimer of the relevant (legal) rights and is binding.
- Participants are required to adhere strictly to the terms and conditions.
- Employment generation at the local level through the program.
- An effective platform for addressing local issues.
Welcome to the proposed first edition of the Pargad Heritage Run.
We have all supported the government's every effort to control the epidemic and stand united as "One Nation - One People" to overcome some of the most challenging and testing times in our country's history.
Now, once again, with the active support and participation of the government and local administrations, we look forward to overcoming the obstacles posed by the epidemic and moving forward with new energy and confidence.
In our first year, as conditions are rapidly improving, we look forward to hosting a special limited edition on-ground event in Pargad on January 30, 2022.
While we usually have more than 300 registrations, this year we can accommodate very few runners.
We are aware that this means that many runners will not be able to register. But we have to go ahead and make the best use of it, and we hope that as long as there are more runners for our second edition next year, things will definitely get better.
Terms and Conditions
For the Pargad Heritage Run 2022 on 30th January 2022 (especially in the context of the Kovid situation) comply with the following terms and conditions.
There are 2 separate categories for runners:
A) Pargad local category
B) Outstation range
Other than Kolhapur district
- Only your Aadhaar card will be issued as proof of residency.
- Registration for Kolhapur Local Runners will start only on 4/5/11/12/18/19/25/26 December 2021 (9am to 5pm).
- Outdoor runners can only register online from November 1st, 2021 onwards.
- Registration will be on first come first served basis. Given the limited registration slots, we recommend that you register as early as possible on your respective dates.
- If some of the slots in the Kolhapur Local category remain vacant on November 12 (although not likely), they will be added to the Outstation category the next day.
- Only runners who have completed both doses of their covid vaccination will be allowed to register and run. You will need to upload your final vaccination certificate at the time of registration.
- Only runners who have completed 21k (half marathon) in less than 3 hours will be allowed to register for the on-ground event.
- Registration is subject to the final approval of government authorities.
- If the event has to be canceled due to covid restrictions, you will be registered till next year (Pargad Heritage Run 2023), no refund will be given.
- No separate medals will be awarded this year,insted we are giving a sapling to every participants.
- To ensure distance, small groups of runners (approximately 50 each) will have wave starts starting in batches. Runners have to start from their respective batches.
- Finishing time and runners will be sorted by gun time (no chip time)
- Winners will be honored with their prize money and shield by the special guests at the event.
- Relatives or friends will not be allowed at the race venue. Only participants with an official bib will be allowed to enter the holding area on the day of the race.
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask and social distance at the place of start and end. Organizers will strictly implement the appropriate Covid Protocol. Any runner found violating the rules will be disqualified and banned from the event.
- If any runner is suspected to be infected after having a temperature and / or pulse reading, the runner will be barred from participating for the safety of other participants.
- Further updates will be notified from time to time.