The running community loves the IIT Bombay Half Marathon, the casual runners love it, the families love it. Over 15,000 runners have experienced the first 3 editions of IIT Bombay Half Marathon.
Launching the much awaited and extremely loved 4th Season of the run - IIT Bombay Half Marathon 2022. Fitizen India in association with IIT Bombay AAVHAN (SPORTS TEAM) brings to you - IIT Bombay Half Marathon (IITBHM) on Sunday,30th October, 2022.
IITBHM gives you once in a year opportunity to run inside the IIT Powai campus away from the traffic, noise and pollution that are characteristics of most of the regular running routes in Mumbai.
IIT Bombay is a small township in itself. Rich in natural flora and fauna, the campus green cover has been maintained and even increased over the years. An island of green in between Mumbai’s concrete jungle, the campus at Powai is spread across 550 acres, nestles among hills and is flanked by the Powai and Vihar lakes. It is special both in terms of its physical beauty and location — a place where you can be away from the busy world, yet still be a part of it.
We would love to see you along with your friends, family at IITBHM 2022! Register Now!
· 5 km RUN
· 10 km RUN
· HALF MARATHON – These are timed runs and the electronic timing chip will be provided
Age categories and trophies
· 5 km run categories: Girls & Boys , Women & Men 8 years and above. Top 3 runners in open category win Trophies.
· 10 km run categories: Women & Men 14 years and above. Top 3 runners in open category win Trophies.
· HALF MARATHON categories: Women & Men 18 years and above. Top 3 runners in each of the categories win Trophies.
Race support and nutrition
- The venue and the race route will have ample water & nutrition stations.
- All runners will be provided breakfast post the run. Please retain your bib as a proof of participation in the run. Breakfast will be provided only runners with valid bibs.
- Ambulance and medical support would be provided during the run.
- Time limit for 5 km-60 Minutes, 10 km – 100 Minutes; 21 km – 200 Minutes. All support stations, volunteers and timing mats will be removed post this time cutoff.
Race affiliation and timing eligibility for other marathons
- The event is organized under the aegis of Mumbai Suburban District Athletics Association.
- This event is a qualifier for all leading running events across India.
By submitting the form, I hereby declare that I am physically fit to participate in this event and have attained all necessary physical examination by a registered medical practitioner. I acknowledge that participating in this event may carry some risk to my health. I release the organizers from any liability or any loss or injury which I may suffer while participating in the race. I have read and understood all the “RULES & REGULATIONS” and all the information provided by me in the registration form is correct. Further, I grant full permission to the organizer and all associated organizations to use all event material including photographs and videotape for publicity and advertising purposes without any compensation. I give Organizer the right to send me any communication (event, promotion, partners, etc.) via email, SMS, Phone call, Social media & any other channel.
Rules and Regulations
1. 5km distance category is allowed for participants of 8 years and above (Born on or before October 29 th 2014).
2. 10km distance category is open for participants over 14 years and above (born or before October 29 th 2008); 21km distance category is allowed for participants of 18 years and above (born on or before October 29 th 2004).
3. Race timing will be recorded on Mat-to- Mat basis i.e. your timing starts/stops when you cross start/finish line.
4. Registrations will close on October 15th , 2022 at 11:59 PM or when the maximum limit of Running Places are filled in, whichever is earlier.
5. Participants must upload/submit copy of his ID proof for age verification.
6. The discounted price for IIT students is only for the existing IIT Bombay students with a valid student id card. It is mandatory to upload the student id card as a proof to avail the discount.
7. The BIB allotted to the participant is non-transferable and request for cancellation and thereby, refund will not be entertained.
8. Snacks and refreshments will be served to all participants after the race. It is compulsory to show BIB for collecting snacks
9. Finishers Medal will be given to each participant in all distance categories after finishing the race. It is compulsory to show BIB for collecting the finisher Medal.
10. E-certificates can be downloaded by the participant as soon as they are available on the website post the event.
The event organizer reserves the right to modify the Date, Venue, Distance, Race start time and any other changes related to this event at any given point of time.